Play Arcade Games & Enjoy Greek Grub In NOPA
We love this idea because it's a casual, laid-back night out whether it's your first or fiftieth date. Grab a bite with your date or skip the meal and head straight for the fun. You can learn a lot about a person when you bring out their competitive side (or lack thereof). So grab a fun-loving plus one for this playful night out in the Western Addition.
Estimated Cost: Cheap
Estimate Duration: 1-4 hours
Best Days: Weeknights or weekend days to avoid large crowds.
Best Time: 4pm onwards on weeknights; 1pm onwards on weekends.
1. Get A Dose Of Nostalgia & Play Video Games At Emporium SF
The old, defunct movie theater that sat vacant on Divisadero for many years has now been renovated and turned into a playground for adults! Emporium SF is 3 stories of games, booze and fun in the heart of this bustling neighborhood. Bring some cash, exchange it for tokens, then go to town on everything from pinball and air hockey to Ms. Pac-Man, Mortal Kombat and more! We recommend bringing a double date and playing Killer Queen. This 10-person arcade game pits two teams of five against each other, with the aim of trying to kill the other team's queen bee. It's buzz-worthy.
Things to know about Emporium…
- The games only accept tokens, so bring singles to feed into the token machines.
- There are 2 bars: the upstairs one is open in the evenings.
- This place gets seriously busy on weekend nights. If you don't fancy loud crowds, steer clear of peak times.
- 21+ — sorry, this is not a kid-friendly date.
2. Pick Up Some Grecian Grub at Souvla
Whether you'd like to take a break for a meal, or order takeout to bring back to the arcade while you're playing, consider trying Souvla. It lives up to the hype offering some of the most lauded Greek food in town. You can't go wrong with any of the meaty sandwiches as all are rotisserie cooked! Plus, they are served on the softest pita you've ever eaten. There are also veggie and salad options that are equally good, if you feel so inclined. Be sure to try the Greek froyo for dessert—with crumbled baklava on top. Yum!
Things to know about Souvla…
- This location has a patio in the back in case you'd like to sit outside on a warm day/night.
- They're only open 'til 10pm, so this is not suitable for late-night snacks.
- Get their signature fries added atop your salad or in your wrap with a side of Granch dipping sauce.