Romantic Ideas: No Reservations Needed
We had a bunch of procrastinators ask us what they should do for this Hallmark holiday so here's a cheat sheet. We included two evergreen ideas for last-minute romance and included a list of one-time-only events happening this Wednesday the 14th.
However, our biggest recommendation for making your date feel special: Put your phone away. Give your date your full, undivided attention in our normally-technology-heavy lives. Now that's modern romance.
Estimated Cost: It's a mixed bag this time, folks.
Estimate Duration: 2-4 hours
1. Novelty and Romance: Dine on the Impossible burger at Jardiniere
Typically you need reservations for Valentine's Day dinner here, but lucky you—the bar downstairs is first-come, first-serve so you get the romantic ambiance without all that pesky planning.
The trendy Impossible Burger is a new kind of vegan burger that has the taste and texture of meat. Chef/owner Traci Des Jardins served as consulting chef with Impossible Foods as they developed their burger, giving her a head start in devising the recipe for her restaurant’s version.
Being Jardiniere is one of the only fine dining restaurants in SF to serve the Impossible Burger, you can pair this meal with a selection of wines picked by their Master Sommelier in a sophisticated atmosphere.
- Bar and lounge seating is first-come, first-serve. Get there early to secure a spot.
- Impossible Burgers start being served at 7 p.m.
- Central Hayes Valley Location and valet parking is available.
2. Howdy Neighbors: Mission Cheese And Dandelion Chocolate
Channel your inner Charlie and head to the Chocolate Factory. They offer factory tours Wednesdays-Saturdays from 6:10-6:50pm. You can book ahead or drop in to see if they still have spots open.
Afterwards, head next door to Mission Cheese for artisan cheese, charcuterie, and wine. Enjoy their patio or relaxed indoor vibe.
Being these two delicious establishments are side by side on Valencia Street in the Mission, you can choose which to tackle first, which makes this sweet date easy-cheesy for you.
- Dessert flights to share or drinkable delectables a la carte are available.
- See if they have anymore spots on one of their $5 factory tours: Wednesdays-Saturdays from 6:10-6:50pm
- Credit cards accepted. Open until 10 pm.
- Cheese and wine. Do we need more bullet points, really? Didn't think so.
3. One Time Only: February 14th Events
Here's a list of noteworthy events you can still get tickets to:
- Hello Kitty: Waffle Dinner at SF's only cat café Kittea for $29 per person. Located in Hayes Valley. All cats are available for adoption. Puuurrrrrrfect.
- Forget White Castle, enjoy a cannabis infused and pairing dinner with Chef Michael Magallanes of Opulent Chef. for $150 per person. Located at Naked Kitchen which is a popular pop up space housed inside a Victorian mansion in the Mission.
- '80s Love Jams + 3 course dinner at Whitechapel, famous for having the largest gin selection in North America. Bar located in the Tenderloin.
- SF Beer Week is in full swing!
- Zeitgeist is having a sweet treats and sour beer tasting with proceeds going to the Mayor's Fund For The Homeless. Located in the Mission.
- Speakeasy SF is hosting Girl Scout Cookie and beer pairing event in Bayview.
- Black Hammer in SOMA is having a beer cupcake and tasting event. This is a dog friendly establishment. Woof!